Packed full of juicy bananas, gorgeous gluten-free buckwheat flour and beautiful comforting vanilla and cinnamon, these pancakes are sure to be a hit at any time, but especially for Sunday brunch! Buckwheat flour (which is gluten free and actually not related to wheat at all) results in a denser pancake which is perfect when topped with coconut yogurt, blueberries and a dash of maple syrup. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup of organic buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 mashed large ripe banana (or two small ones)
- 3 large free range eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional, add for extra sweetness or if banana is not super ripe)
- 1- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of milk (unsweetened almond milk works well in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon organic butter or ghee for cooking
- Coconut yogurt , maple syrup and organic blueberries to serve
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together until combined
- Add buckwheat flour, almond meal, mashed banana, baking soda, vanilla powder, cinnamon, milk (and coconut sugar if using) and mix well.
- Heat up a non-stick pan and add a small amount of butter. Once heated, spoon in 1- 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake. Ensure that the pancake is not too thick, as this type of pancake is best enjoyed thin.
- Once bubbles start to come to the surface and pop (around 2-3 minutes), turn over the pancake to cook the other side for another couple of minutes.
- Once cooked, plate the pancakes up with a generous dollop of coconut yogurt, a handful of blueberries and a swirl of maple syrup.
Tip: Add a sprinkle of Jaime’s Muesli for an interesting extra crunch!