I have a confession to make – I am a complete chocoholic (and proud of it!). This delicious warming drink is grounding and nourishing. It’s also a perfect drink to make if you are suffering from period pain (especially if your symptoms are better for warmth and you hug your water bottle closely at that time of the month!)
- 1 cup of milk (I often use coconut milk, oat milk, almond milk or sometimes organic dairy depending on my mood)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar to sweeten (or one teaspoon raw honey added at the end)
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and warm gently. This drink is best when prepared slowly and taken off the stove just before it boils.
- Pour into your favourite cup and sip slowly. You can add one or two bruised cardamom pods for some added spice if you like.