Homemade almond milk is actually super easy to make, is less expensive than the store bought stuff and in my opinion it is way better for you! I’ve written a whole article on pros and cons of almond milk here.
So back to this recipe. Here it is:
- One cup of almonds (soak these in water overnight to soften them up)
- Four cups of filtered water
- 1/ tsp vanilla powder
- 1 medjool date
- a pinch of himalayan salt
- Drain the soaked almond and rinse well
- Put the almonds in a blender with the filtered water and salt and blitz until well combined
- Pour the mixture into a nut bag (see below for where to get these) placed over a jug and squeeze the mixture gently until all the liquid comes out into the jug
- You will be left with the dry pulp which can be used in bliss balls like the ones here
- Put the liquid back in the blender, add the medjool date and vanilla powder and blitz again until well combined
- You will have dreamy, creamy fresh almond milk to enjoy. It keeps in the fridge for a couple of days.
NOTE: You can get nut bags from most good health food stores