I am a huge fan of any sweet treat that tastes like lemon. I love the fresh zesty flavour and these Lemon Delight Bites are so yummy and really celebrate this citrus fruit. They are gluten free and super easy to make and you can freeze them very easily too which is a added bonus. I make them any time I have fresh lemons (especially if I am lucky enough to be given some homegrown ones!).
- 3/4 cup of cashews and macadamias
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut (plus some extra to roll the balls in)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut nectar
- Blitz up the nuts with the coconut and vanilla powder until a fine powder is formed.
- Add in the juice and zest of the lemon and coconut nectar and combine.
- Using wet hands, roll into small balls and coat with the extra coconut.
- Enjoy straight away or freeze for a quick and healthy snack later.