I absolutely love cacao and rose water as a combination together. A beautiful marriage of sweetness and bitterness. I made a big batch of these beauties in preparation for my wedding day and my bridesmaids and I enjoyed them with champagne on the morning of my wedding. These raw cacao and rose energy balls can be made ahead of time and freeze really well. They also contain maca which enhances mood and libido (great preparation for your wedding night!!!!).
- 1 cup of nuts such as brazil nuts or walnuts (activated if possible)
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- 1-2 teaspoons of organic raw coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of dessicated coconut
- 10 pitted medjool dates soaked in water for 10 minutes to soften
- 1 tablespoon of rose water
- 2 teaspoons of maca powder
- a pinch of himalayan salt
- Rose petals and cacao to roll them in
- Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl (nuts, cacao powder, cinnamon, maca powder and salt)
- Drain the dates and roughly chop into smaller pieces.
- Add the dates, melted coconut oil and rose water to the dry ingredients and combine well with your fingers
- Roll into small balls and coat with either the rose petals or the cacao.
- These keep well in a glass jar or container lined with baking paper. Store for 3 -4 days in the fridge or up to 2 months in the freezer.
TIP: if the cacao or rose petals are not sticking well to the balls, dampen your fingers a little before rolling the balls so they become more sticky